Certified CyberDefender (CCD)
Certified CyberDefender is a vendor-neutral, hands-on cyber defense training and certification. This course will jumpstart and empower those on their way to becoming the next generation of SOC analysts, blue teams, and security engineers.
Are you looking for a quick and effective way to acquire modern real-world CyberDefense skills and be a competent security analyst, engineer, or blue teamer?
This course introduces students to real-world threats defenders experience in their networks and the tools used to defend against these threats. It provides the essential foundation of modern cyber defense operations. Students will learn the inner working of the three core pillars of CyberDefense; prevention, detection, and response. In addition, how to defend an enterprise using essential blue team incident response tools and techniques. The course focuses on CyberDefense techniques that are:
- Applicable; realistic and can be applied to most organizations.
- Lean: achieves better results with minimal effort.
- Impactful: has a bigger impact on security and contributes significantly to enhancing overall security posture.
In other words, things that the majority of defenders can smoothly apply to get security off the ground and maintain a reasonable level of cyber hygiene.
Who is this training for?
This training is for SOC analysts, blue teams, security consultants, incident responders, and security engineers who want to learn the essential skills of CyberDefense; prevention, detection, and response.
- Minimize attack surface.
- Engineer a solid detection functionality.
- Prepare SOC analysts with tools, techniques, and knowledge to perform their job efficiently.
- Perform efficient threat hunting.
- Prioritize what to work on to achieve a better return on investments.
- Chiheb Chebbi is the course lead instructor and a BlackHat speaker with core interests in incident response, threat hunting, cloud security, and detection engineering. He spent the past years investigating advanced cyber attacks and researching cyber espionage and APT attacks. He authored multiple security books such as Mastering Machine Learning for Penetration Testing, and Advanced Infrastructure Penetration Testing and was awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for his contributions.
- Muhammad Alharmeel is a CyberDefense consultant with 15+ years of experience. He helped multiple organizations improve their security, performed numerous security assessments, and responded to attacks for clients in government, financial, high technology, healthcare, and other industries. He holds multiple hands-on respected certifications within defensive and offensive domains such as the prestigious GIAC Security Expert, Offensive Security Certified Expert OSCE, and the Certified Information Security Manager - CISM designation.
- Ahmed Shawky is a Lead ThreatHunter @IBM and application security expert with a high commitment to open-source. He authored multiple SOC-related tools such as Detection Lab ELK and Mail Header Analyzer, and is a big fan of Detection Engineering & SecOps automation.
- Module 1: Security Operation Center (SOC) Fundamentals.
- Module 2: Incident Response.
- Module 3: Threat Intelligence.
- Module 4: Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Module 5: Incident Management.
- Module 6: ُThreat Emulation.
- Module 7: Threat Hunting.
- Module 8: Active Defense and CyberDeception.
- Module 9: Security Orchestration and Automation (SOAR).
- Module 10: Cloud SecOps.
- Module 11: Perimeter Defense.
- Module 12: Wrap up.
- Basic IT security knowledge.
- General operating systems knowledge (mainly Windows).
- Access to an enterprise environment is a plus.
No stuffing! The course is very straightforward, focused, and to the point, ensuring that every explained topic can be practically applied in your work environment. Challenge the exam after completing the course to validate your knowledge.